SAIS Symposium 2020
Under unavoidable circumstances SAIS Symposium 2020 is postponed until further notice.
All registration remains valid for the deferred Symposium. Those willing to cancel the registration are requested to contact SAIS office (Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com) for further detail and refund of the registration fee
Organized by: School of Applied and Interdisciplinary Sciences
Venue: C. V. Raman Hall, IACS
Date: March 13-14, 2020
About the Symposium
Founded in May 2018, School of Applied and Interdisciplinary Sciences (SAIS) at IACS is now running in its’ second successful year. Research activities at SAIS span over wide-ranging advanced interdisciplinary topics including Soft Matter, Polymer and Supramolecular Science, Colloidal Science, Electronics and Photonics, Liquid Crystals, Drug Delivery, Chemical Biology, Energy Harvesting, Hybrid Functional Nanostructures etc. With a vision to encourage academic and research discussion that cross-fertilizes ideas and techniques transcending the traditional sciences-engineering-medicine barrier, SAIS is organizing the second annual symposium focusing on the interdisciplinary topics ranging from soft matter, medical biology, materials science to energy applications. The Symposium aims to provide a common platform for the exchange of knowledge among eminent scientists and young researchers from India and abroad, who are working in the emerging areas of interdisciplinary and applied science.
· Applied Nano- and Low Dimension Materials
· Biomaterials and Biomedicine
· Supramolecular and Macromolecular Architectures
· Energy Harvesting
· Materials, Electronics and Photonics
1. Bart Jan Ravoo, University of Münster, Germany
2. Safakath Karuthedath, KAUST, Saudi Arabia
3. Chilla Malla Reddy, IISER Kolkata
4. Sayan Bhattacharya, IISER Kolkata
5. Nirmalya Ballav, IISER Pune
6. Nandita Madhavan, IIT Bombay
7. Suvarn Kulkarni, IIT Bombay
8. Subi George, JNCASR
9. Priyadarsi De, IISER Kolkata
10. Raja Shunmugam, IISER Kolkata
11. Md. Ehesan Ali, INST Mohali
12. Ankona Datta, TIFR Mumbai
13. Rajadurai Chandrashekar, University of Hyderabad
14. Nagendra K. Sharma, NISER
15. Sebastian C. Peter, JNCASR
16. Pinaki Talukdar, IISER Pune
17. Raghavan B. Sunoj, IIT Bombay
18. Chanchal Chakraborty, BITS Pilani, Hyderabad
Poster (Sponsored by the ACS)
The symposium aims to have a vibrant poster presentation session. Students, research associates and scientists interested to present research posters . The abstract should be written in Times New Roman, Font size 11 and spacing 1.5. The abstract should not exceed more than one page. A graphic may be included.
* All the abstracts submitted for poster presentation have been accepted. No further notification regarding the acceptance
will be made.
Registration fee: Rs. 2000/- for all the student and research associate attendees and other participants.
Rs. 4000/- for all the faculty attendees, contributed and invited participants.
Registration includes registration kit, lunch and banquet dinner.
Payment should be made either through online transfer to the following bank account or by an account payee cheque to the SAIS-IACS office. The payment cheque must be drawn in favour of “”. Registration with due payment must be completed by
. February 10, 2020.
* The registration fee payment receipt will be handed over at the registration desk during the symposium. However, if required earlier, please contact and collect the receipt from SAIS, IACS office during the office hours.
Account Name: SAIS Symposium Bank: Branch: Jadavpur Account Number: IFSC Code:
Interested participants are requested to register for the event latest by
** We welcome sponsorship from vendors, industries and other private organizations for the symposium.
Sponsorship of Rs. 1.0 Lakh or more: Presentation slot for 20 min. and full page advertisement in the abstract book.
Sponsorship of Rs. 50,000/-: Full page advertisement in the abstract book.
Sponsorship of Rs. 25,000/-: Half-a- page advertisement in the abstract book.
Sponsorship of less than Rs. 25,000/-: Quarter page advertisement in the abstract book.
The organizers of this event may be contacted through the following email address.